Explore our FAQ
First, your guides will be a local who knows the community and the destinations on the tour, well. Our focus is also on non-touristic places, like neighbourhood markets, where everyday people are going about their business peacefully.
That said, we strongly suggest travellers make themselves less of a target of petty theft in particular. Do not make yourself a target by dressing like a tourist — shorts, and short skirts and tank tops (on women) are not typically worn by locals in Mexico. Do not bring your passport, fancy camera or credit cards with you on the tour and keep your pockets empty and money and phone out of easy reach. Occasionally, busy market areas, are “worked” by opportunistic pickpockets who target anyone who looks like they have something, using strategies that any traveller to any part of the world must guard themselves against.
Ready to Book?
- BEST: iPad, Android or Windows Tablets. *eReaders like Kindle, B+N etc will not work
- Large format smart phone (5in+) Smaller phones are not recommended
- Any PC desktop or laptop – with KOBO desktop app
- Apple computers – with iBooks app
- Kobo Reading App* (free from GooglePlay) serves most devices including iOS, Android, Windows and Desktop. If you have a Mexican IP, the correct version of this app is called Orbile also free on GooglePlay
- iBooks -comes standard on iOS devices (ideal)
- For Desktop/laptop PCs, use Kobo Desktop app.
Buy the eBook