Cooking Yucatán Plant Foods
Cooking class series
* Individual classes become bookable the Friday prior to start date, space permitting.
What to expect...
Under Erin’s guidance, you’ll learn how to
- Select ingredients for peak freshness, ripeness and delectability
- Prepare locally grown foods as alternatives for those conventionally grown for export
- Substitute local ingredients into familiar standard recipes (eg: Yucatecan pesto)
- Make use of techniques and concepts from Yucatan traditions that will inspire your cooking forever
- Support local communities by shifting your buying habits
Each class will focus on 4-5 seasonal ingredients that will include: fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, tubers, herbs and legumes typical of this region, specifically those less commonly known (or virtually unknown) outside of Mexico.
Join the whole series of hands-on small group classes to explore the gamut of local ingredients, or take a class or two as you like.
At the end of each class, you’ll celebrate your cooking success with your new friends over a delicious lunch of the 4 courses + beverage that you’ve prepared using that days featured ingredients.